Seafoam - available in UK ?

As above... anyone used it here in the UK and / or in a diesel engine ? And what about bike engines ? Thanks,

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Um, what's seafoam?

Reply to
Jo Ling

a lubricant that doubles as a carbon buildup remover.

Josh Assing

Has anyone here used it and what are the opinions / on what age engine used ?

Thanks, Nick

Reply to
Nick

Well, I tried Googling for it, in the .co.uk websites, and found handy things such as ...

"Adrien Arpel Adult Oily Skin Sea Foam Gel Cleanser"

but no diesel engine cleaner with that name. Perhaps it's marketed under a different name in the UK?

Reply to
Jo Ling

I've emailed them in the US asking if it's available in the UK. No response yet but I'll post back as soon/if I get one.

Reply to
SteveG

Hi Steve I did that and got a fairly short reply back saying they don't distribute in the UK and don't intend to ! (so there !) so I cant buy it here and if I want some I'll have to get from the States and pay International carriage

Great !

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Hi Nick, Guess I got the same response as you. Text as follows:

"We appreciate your interest in Sea Foam products. Currently Sea Foam products are only sold in the United States and Canada. We are sorry to have to tell you that their is currently no place to buy Sea Foam products in the United Kingdom. At this time Sea Foam Sales Company is not currently looking to expand to the United Kingdom, but that does not mean that we will not some time in the future.

Thank you for your interest in Sea Foam products."

Reply to
SteveG

email me offline -- I'll go buy it and send it to you as a "gift" to avoid customs...

Personally I'd look at WHY they won't sell ; what laws in the UK prevent them from selling....

Josh Assing

Probably the laws of good sense which stop most buying this sort of thing? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was just about to say that European drivers fill with clean quality fuel and oil and seldom feel the need to use snake oil or anything else that increases the cost of fuelling above what it is already. Anyhow there are *plenty* of products available already from STP to Stanadyne competing for the limited market.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

What? You think cheap old Tesco & Sainsbury fuels are clean?... ;-))))))))

Mind you, I rarely fill up there, myself.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

My local Tesco sells Esso.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'Unfortunately' my nearest larger Tesco does not sell petrol, but there is a Shell station next door....

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Mine sells white diesel with blue stripes.

Reply to
Jo Ling