Seat Back Twisted

Hi folks,
I'm looking to buy an E32 735i (1987 vintage) but it has a problem which is making me hold off.
The seat back of the front passenger seat is "twisted". By that I mean
that with the seat squab square to the front the side of the seat back closest to the driver is further back than the outside edge. If you sat in the seat with your back against the seat back then your body will be facing the steering wheel ... sorry I don't think I can describe it any better.
If I sit in the back seat and try to move the back of the front seat it's solid ... which I think shows that the framework inside the seat is in one piece. I was wondering if anyone knows what the tilt mechanism is like inside the seat and if it's possible that it has slipped somehow on that side?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated :-)
--
Regards

Steve G

Easy fix, been there.
Remove the seat, underneath you'll find the electric motors that control the seat back. They drive the gearbox at the pivot point by means of a flexible steel cable in a plastic sleeve. The end of the cable is square in section and pushes into the motor.
As it gets old the plastic expends and pulls the drive cable out of the motor! All you need to do is shorten it about 10mm. There's a metal clip on the end of the cable. GENTLY heat it with a lighter and it'll pull off. Shorten the plastic then push the metal end back on. You'll see what I mean......
Hardest part was getting the seat back into the car!
Thanks for that John. I was hoping the fix would be something simple.
Looks like I'm gonna be a BMW owner after all :-))
Regards
Steve G