Seat belt pre tensioners E30

I have the seat belt warning light on with my 95 e30. Garage has said it is the wiring loom 'probably'. Anybody care to clarify this as it seems a bit odd. Cannot find anything on web searches though: would
have expected that the wiring would be simple 2 wires to the seat pad and two to the pre tensioners. Do pre tensioners indicate electrically if they have fired or are no good? I can do electrics if I know what to do. Alan.
Well, first off, you have an e3x but it certainly isn't an E30. Secondly, the seatbelt light is probably on due a a wiring fault or a bad switch. The seat belt circuit usually depends on a switch in the seat that tells the system someone is in the seat and a switch in the buckle that tells it the seat belt is engaged. Older vehicles just had a loop circuit that monitored the drivers seatbelt only (not the seat) as it's assumed there is someone in the drivers seat...
Unless they've done something really screwy with the seat belt system, theirs no monitoring of the seat belt tensioners locking. Mine lock all the time under hard cornering. Holds me in the seat though!!!
On 14 Feb 2006 10:31:13 -0800, "Alan Ainslie"