Selling BMW vs. trading

What is the general market for selling a BMW privately? I have an 04 325XI, 5 speed, low miles, still warrantied.
Do buyers generally prefer a dealer to get a certified vehicle, when
spending over 20K?

Autotrader.com, cars.com.

Some buyers like the warranty on CPO cars. Sophisticated buyers like the lower price of private sales.
FloydR
Floyd Rogers wrote:

Wowzers. I guess I must be a sophisticate then... I thought I was just a cheap bastid. ;-)
--
-Fred W

So you feel autotrader or cars. com is a better route than the local newspaper want ads (in metro area of about 1 million)?
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:10:56 -0700, "Floyd Rogers"

It depends upon your market. I was really pointing out that, as you were asking about the "market", that they are good points of reference. If I were looking for a car, I *might* look in the Seattle Times/PI. However, when I was looking for a used Boxster, I used autotrader/cars.com to look for them in the Bay Area as only a few are available up here.
Autotrader.com and Cars.com mine local papers for their ads, so you'll end up there anyway.
FloydR
When I bought a 4 year old 540 sport, that was fully loaded with sat nav, sunroof, etc, I really wanted to buy it from a main dealer. The main reason that with all of the options, I really wanted to have a dealer warrenty along with the car. I figured that some was going to go wrong eventually, and electricals are expensive to fix.
------------------------------- <a href="http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/BMW.html " title="Read news on BMW cars">BMW News</a>

As Floyd said, its the warranty rather than the service history that makes people buy from a main dealer. I bought a 4 year old 540 sport from a main dealer, and it had all the options like sat nav, sunroof etc. The warranty came in handy, as the car was high mileage, so there was more chance for faults to occur, and they did!
------------------------------------------------ BMW News: http://carshops247.co.uk/news/BMW.html