Service indicator lights

Anyone ever known these to be faulty ?
I bought my car freshly serviced November last year - 5 greenboxes (and apprx 66000 miles).
Probably 2 months later, one went out. Now I expected the rate to be
similar - one every 2-3 months (I have done only about 4000 miles in the car since then and many journeys are relatively short).
But it still shows 4. What're the chances of a fault within the fault management system :)
--

jeremy
['01 BMW 530iA SE Touring]

Expect it any day soon.

Low.

Still not gone down to 3...

Hmmm.. I'll report back in August ;)
--

jeremy
['01 BMW 530iA SE Touring]

I've no proof, but they don't seem terribly linear. The first one seems to go out quickly - the last one takes forever.
Any true anorak logged the mileage each goes out at? ;-)
--
*I yell because I care