Setting Brakes

I just installed rear pads and rotors on an '00 323ci.

What is the reocmmended procedure to set new brakes?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

-----

Try this one.

Bill in Omaha '86 535i

Reply to
Bill

Do you mean handbrake adjustment? There isn't any for the pads.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, I was thinking the brake pads and rotors wanted to be set before any serious braking action was undertaken.

I installed a set of Brembo rear rotors on my friend's '00 323ci. The catalog called for 11.5" rotors, but the car was only fitted with 10.75". It turns out the rear brakes on her car are the same as used on the '99 3 Series cars. I know her particular year was the new model for the E46, and hers is a November 99 production, which might be early production -- I don't know for sure. What I do know is the brake rotors that were called for were larger than what the car came with. Maybe Brembo made a mistake ...

Rotors were $70-ish each at NAPA.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland