Shocks & Springs

Greetings all,
Looking at upgrading the shocks & springs on my car - Z3 1.9, now riding on 225/45/17s.
How am I going to know what's best for my car - given each shop has a
different suggestion?
So far I struggling between Bilstein vs Koni shocks, and Eibach vs HR springs - I've even had one place say Koni do springs as well, which I wasn't aware of...
For street driving, and the very occasional track day - i'm assuming there is going to be little difference in the different brands, right?
Btw, I'm not out to lower the crap out of my car or anything.
It depends on which Konis and Bilsteins. They both make very good shocks. All Konis are adjustable but not Bilsteins (except for higher models)
For the springs, HR & Eibach are both very good. I personally like Eibach a little bit more coz' it's easier to install (!)
If $$$ is not a problem, you can go for the PSS9 Bilstein adjustable coilovers, it seems quite popular on the m3s and is very well commented.
I have koni shocks and eibach springs in my e46 and cannot be happier with them.
On 4/20/07 1:24 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

Why are Eibachs easier than H&Rs?
I've heard but don't know from personal experience that H&Rs are a generally stiffer and lower than the eibachs.
If you don't want to lower at all I think some make upgraded springs of a stock height. Boge might.
I've been very happy with my Eibachs.
Though H&R lowers a little bit more than Eibach, the Eibach rears are shorter in heights and thus easier to push them in. At least for E46s.
On 4/20/07 9:59 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "adder1969"

Oh sorry, did I missed KONI's FSD? They are not adjustable btw.
On 4/20/07 1:24 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,