SI batteries - 87 E30 320i

Hello

I have to change these sometime, and I've seen in different archives that some people have opted to wire up the batteries in a battery holder outside the dashboard in a more accessible position.

Do you think that this is worthwhile ? It's not as if it were a regular item of maintenance.

Thanks very much in advance for your views.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Allen

Hi.

Had to do this recently myself and had to opt for outside wiring.Pulled dash out only to find the batteries were different to the ones i had bought.So made sense to wire externally till i got correct ones.There seem to be several types of battery used on the E30.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Mark

Thank you Mark. It certainly does help. In fact it's probably easier to wire outside, so you don't have to worry about it later.

Thanks again !

Reply to
Andrew Allen