SI batteries - 87 E30 320i

Hello
I have to change these sometime, and I've seen in different archives that some people have opted to wire up the batteries in a battery holder outside the dashboard in a more accessible position.
Do you think that this is worthwhile ? It's not as if it were a regular item of maintenance.
Thanks very much in advance for your views.
Andrew
Hi.
Had to do this recently myself and had to opt for outside wiring.Pulled dash out only to find the batteries were different to the ones i had bought.So made sense to wire externally till i got correct ones.There seem to be several types of battery used on the E30.
Hope this helps.
Mark 98 E30 325i

to wire outside, so you don't have to worry about it later.
Thanks again !