Some much needed advice please! (UK)

Hi
Last night I had my E46 2004 M3 convertible car-jacked. Fortunately I wasn't hurt, but they were an extremely professional crew. The 'tracker' system
has failed to locate the car in the first 24 hours, and the feeling is that it may now be on the way to Lagos to enjoy it's new life as a pimp-mobile. (and I thought giving my support to Live 8 was enough...but my car to Africa???????).
My dilemma is this:
My plan was to keep my lately departed M3 until late 2007, when I could replace it with the new E90 M3. However if I take the insurance money and buy a brand new identical replacement, I will lose a lot of money with the model change in just 2 years.
Do I buy a new one, or find a second-hand one? Do I just say WTF and get a 911 for a couple of years until the E90 M3 comes out?
Any advice will be much appreciated. TIA
Harry
911

911. You won't lose any money on this until the new M3 is launched (and you nver know, you may actually get to love the Porsche!)
JB

you sound pretty laid back for a person who just had their car stolen.... :)
I suggest buying a 911, definitely, you might like it even more than the bmw. I think I would.

They put it in a tin garage, deep underground car park, or locate the tracker and remove it.
There are lots of other possible destinations - Russia, Lebanon etc., although assuming it is left hand drive former colonies are more likely...
As it is very difficult to remove the identity and this car is rare, it may come to BMW attention in the future when parts are ordered.

Wow. That's a bit scary - glad you're okay though and that it hasn't put you off having the car you want. I didn't think that Tracker systems were that easy to get around. Geez - we can't even drive the cars we want now. :(
--
Sam.

Bugger! Where did this happen?

Try a 911 - you won't regret it!
--
Philip K
Hertfordshire, England

Hendon (London NW4)

Thanks to all of you for your seemingly unanimous comments about the 911. I ordered a new 911 (997) Carrera S Cabrio today for an October build. I'll be stuck in the wife's Focus for 3 months, but I suppose that will make it all the more sweet when the car arrives.
Cheeers and thanks again to you all for your help!
Regards
Harry

-

I like the 996 more than the 997, but if I took a ride with it, it would definitely be the sweetest/most expensive ride I ever did. Good luck with your new car...