Sorry it's a 320ci se

I have just bought a 320ci se which is a flat 6 2.2 litre engined car. I noted the perf data to be around 8.2 secs for the 0-62mph however my car
takes around 9.5 secs. Is this because mine is an auto?

It is an inline six... Anyway, the answer to your question is yes. Jim
Don't worry about the 0-60 time, BMWs are geared for real life use not statistics. My E30 318iS has to change from 2nd to 3rd at 55mph. If BMW had engineered it with a slightly different final drive they'd have knocked a good bit off the 0-60 time, but it would have been less suited to real world driving.

You sure you would actually redline in 2nd before reaching 60mph?

Yep.

Really? Sure you've not got a Porsche or Subaru? ;-)
BMW use straight six engines - not V6 or flat six. And all the better for that.

The driver's handbook will give the figures for your particular car.
--
*Why is "abbreviated" such a long word?

the only engines which are best balanced, are inline 6, boxer 6, and V12.

But it does depend at what rpm you do the measurements.
--
*Heart attacks... God's revenge for eating his animal friends