SOS: E46/325, lotsa water in pass.side foot well

Had the problem for a while - of course it showed up right after the warranty was over, along with few others.
Anyway, I did the tests for clogged sunroof drains,
it was fine. Sealed up what seemed to be iffy joints from engine compartment into the salon on pass side.
Removed the door panel and reseated the vapor barrier. Also, right below the pass. door edge, the trip came loose - I snapped it back in place.
So it rained hard last nite and I hoped that when I check the problem would not be there. Alas, there it was, along with a whole puddle of water.
Drove me nuts, so I installed a hose on top of the car, directed a whole lotta water onto the passenger side window area.
With the door panel removed, I can clearly see drops of water coming fast and furious from behind the vapor barrier.
I unsealead the barrier at the bottom edge and looked inside, using a light and a mirror and I can clearly see water coming from somewhere atop , in the middle of the door - right be where there's 6-8 yellow wires runnign there. So clearly that's where the leak is. I can not peak in any further as it quite tight in there.
Need help :) How can I fix this one ? It is bad to a point when I have to vacuum water out everytime it rains. Mold, dumpness and rust are surely to follow at some point unless I take care of this problem. I am amazed I am not having some kind of problem already.
SOS
BTW - outside of checking the sunroof drains, I also checked the drain pipes in the engine comparment and they are clear.
For the water to get in, all I need is to direct some onto the passenger side window
And also the drain above the pass side front wheel is also clear and water drains down w/o a problem. :)
It is almost like the sealing around the pass side glass is compromised ?
Sealed the lower edge of vapor barrier with sticky alum foil (Home Depot variery). Sprayed some liquid adhesive around for good measure. Will see how it holds up.