Sound signal

Sometimes I can hear a short sound signal in my car. This usually happens soon after I start the engine. Once it happened about 1 minute after I switched on the headlights while driving.
What can this be?
Add pictures here
✖
AK wrote:

This is the warning message telling you to open your owners manual and read it... it sometimes seems to coincide with the temperature nearing freezing for some reason. Go figure eh?
Add pictures here
✖
Sorry, but I found nothing about it in the manual. But you may be right - the temperature has been nearing freezing for several days. Thanx

Add pictures here
✖

On mine, if you've got the external temperature selected on the OBC, this flashes to coincide with the 'bong', to warn of possibly icy roads.
--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

✖
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Actually, on ours it bongs regardless of what has been selected or not.
--
-Fred W

Add pictures here
✖

Well yes. I didn't imply it didn't. ;-)
That's only logical anyway since it's a warning.
--
*If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments *

✖

The annoying thing is that the OBC displays on mine ('99 & '03) also switch to temperature (which then flashes) and have to be manually switched back.
Tom K.
Add pictures here
✖
London SW

What is OBC?
Add pictures here
✖
AK wrote:

Google is your friend
--
-Fred W

Add pictures here
✖

But not for "On Board Computer"
Tom K.
Add pictures here
✖
Tom K. wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=OBC+BMW&num &hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images
http://tinyurl.com/ykumal
--
-Fred W

Add pictures here
✖
AK wrote:

Someones left an experimental electro mix cd in the stereo ?
--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/