SOUND SYSTEM problem in the E38 740i 95-00 "NEED HELP"

I have been hearing of a high volume of the E38's having a major sound system problem. The major problem is with the sound system not playing half the time. Plus cutting off and the clicking noise when
the volume is turned up.
For a problem this common and so annoying, I am surprise that I cant find a solution for it on the internet. Is there anyone out there with a solution for this annoying problem with the E38 sound system. I have a 95 with dsp and a 97 with dsp and they both have the same ailment.
Anyone out there with a solution to this problem should not hesitate to post it ASAP! because I know there are a lot more people out there than just me with this problem.