special tool needed to replace O2 sensor?

    Can anyone tell me if I need a special "split" or "slit" socket (22 mm) to replace the O2 sensor in a 1995 325is? Or will a normal one work on
this car? Any tips on doing this job?
Thanks,
Mike
Lower the exhaust. Use the regular open wrench to remove it.

You can't use a socket, unless you cut the wire.
They make a special offset box wrench for it; but you may be able to use an open wrench.
You'll definately want to lower the exhaust a bit.

I have replaced my O2 sensors on my 97 328. I use a 22mm or 7/8 inch "Flare Nut Wrench". It has a notch cut in it that will fit over the wire, and grabs a majority of the 6 corners on the sensor nut. You can get one at Home Depot, or auto part stores. I think mine came from Schucks (Krogers). Sometimes the bend on the wrench end isn't quite enough to fit well, but a vise and some heat, and you can re-bend the wrench end enough to fit easy.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:09:53 -0500, Mike Klein