Speedometer, trip meter, odometer stopped working. 1993 325i

Hi, the speedometer, trip meter, and odometer stopped working on my '93 BMW 325i the other day. They're all located in the same round console. The other things like the tach and fuel and oil meters are still
working fine. Would this most likely be a bad fuse, a wire that got loose, or a bad unit?
Thanks,
Tim
In reading some other posts some people mention something about a wire coming loose from the differential. I did just have the diff oil changed a couple weeks before this problem started occuring. Could these two things be related?

The speed sensor is on the diff. If it came off or the sensor dies, the speedo/odo won't work.
Floyd