Splash shield on E46 Coupe

I'm looking to flush my cooling system and need to remove the splash shield on my 2002 E46 Coupe. Some of the fasteners look like rivets while others are screws. Since my
Coupe was bottomed out and repaired at the dealer previously, are the rivets the original fasteners or were they all screws ? Thanks, Joe
Splash shield? Do you mean fan shroud?
Some of the fasterners are expando-thingies. There is a washer-like thing with a part that protrudes through the various holes in the sheetmetal and plastic, then a plunger-thingie that when pushed down will spread tabs on the protruding part. You can pull up on the plunger thingie with a hook or scratch awl or similar tool.
Normally, it is not required to remove the fan shroud to flush the cooling system.

They were all screws at one time.
FloydR