Sport seats or Comfort seats?

What are your opinions on the Sport Seats vs. the Comfort Seats?

In the case of my 1985 635 and my butt....
Comfort seats? Is that a cruel joke from BMW. They are the most uncomfortable seat I have ever used. They are large and seem to have every adjustment imagined but I feel like I am sitting on a convex surface that feels like hard rubber.
Sport Seats. I found a set of these and replaced the original dis-comfort seats. At first they seemed too confining and tight but after you body settles into them they are very nice. Once I find the right position I wont move for the duration of the drive.
I am 6'1", 250lbs., athletic build (wide shoulders) and I say get the sport seats.
B.D.

Nice try at a re-definition, but I'd call that pseudo-sumo build. 8;)

So do I. They're the best seats I've ever come across in a street car short of Lotus, Ferrari, etc. The extendable thigh support alone makes the decision for you if you're taller than average. The excellent lateral support is the defining factor.
-- Larry (6'3", 200)
OK sure. I did'nt see that coming! ;-P

Well, to make up for it, you'd be a really skinny nose tackle... 8;)
-- Larry
What is nose tackle?
Some sort of jewellery around one's proboscis?

Steve Garey wrote:

No, but I can see where one might get that impression.
It is the defensive position in American football that lines up opposite the offensive Center position.
--
-Fred W

I have similar dimensions, but I would avoid the use of "athletic" in my description. I also have the Sport Seats in my 3 Series Sedan, and standard seats in my 3 Series convertable. I liked the Sport Seats better.

I have owned in the last 12 months an E65 sport with sports seats plus lumbar adjust, and my current E65 SE with active comfort seats.
If you go for the sports seats then get the lumbar support too, gives extra support.
As for comfort seats, good for additional support to upper back/shoulders as well as making the headrest a place to rest the head as opposed to an attachment for minimising whiplash.
Also, the comfort seat gives you adjustment to lateral support in the seat back as well as adjustable lumbar support..
I also owned an E39 sport with sports seats. I had to sell this as the seats were so uncomfortable on a long journey. The problem was that I don't have a sports bum to go with these sports seats, I'm too wide (6'2" 14st 5lbs) there. The E65 sports seats were not a problem in that respect since they are wider.
Cheers
Steve