Steering wheel and braking

Guys
1994 325 convertible. When braking I can feel a small 'jerk' through the wheel for the first second then all is fine.
If I take my hands off the wheel and press the brakes I can see the
wheel kick around to the right by about 1 inch then it kicks back to the original position. Braking after that is smooth etc.. No wobble or vibration and car slows in a straight line...
Any clues please?
Thanks
Ged
Bleed the brakes. You've got air in the left brake line. snipped-for-privacy@hudson.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My money would be on something worn in the suspension.
snipped-for-privacy@hudson.com wrote:

Does this happen every time you apply the brakes or is it only sometimes? Does it only happen after you have just backed up a ways?
--
-Fred W

My guess is worn bushings on the front suspension.

snipped-for-privacy@hudson.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hudson.com wrote:

Hi Ged
I've had this problem on two BMW's of similar ages to yours, each time it was due to wear on the front discs. As they wear down, a shoulder is left on the largest diameter of the discs and so when the brakes are applied, the pads - or sometimes the metal backing plate of the discs, contacts with this shoulder first which causes some inbalance but as the pads met the discs they even up again. To cure this you can either take off the shoulder with an angle grinder, or if they're too far gone then replace them. If your're in the UK you can buy ATE discs from Euro car parts at a much better price than BMW and they're the same thing!
Good luck Tony

But all cars do this.
--
*With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.*

snipped-for-privacy@hudson.com wrote:

My vote (not knowing how many miles your car has on it) would be suspension bushings. -- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)
I agree again with e28guy,,, bushings. My e46 is just starting to show a slight slack in the lower control arm bushings, common issue.

Thanks guys
Will get it checked out at next service. Due in around 4,000 KM.
I am in Christchurch, NZ and we have a local BMW franchise as well as 2 independents.
Thanks again