sticky brake pedal

Hi there
my brake lights are stuck on. I can pull the pedal up with my foot and they come off again.
I will adjust the light switch in there like in my manual, but is it
possible that the brake pedal mechanism is sticky? Can I grease it? Any tricks?

Is this a right hand drive E28? If so the pivots on the firewall that move the brake force from the pedal to the servo are sticking. Common on RHD E28s.
thanks John yes it is a RHD E28! amazing I did adjust the switch seems to have fixed it
can I grease those pivot points? from the engine side?