Stop Chris Bangle Petition

Sorry if it's already been posted.

Jeff

Jeff Mayner

I signed but it seems ridiculous that they goof up the wording, here's what it said;

"Eligible signatories: anyone who likes BMWs current design"

Which is exactly opposite of what they meant. That's pretty stupid but still......... we need to stop Chris Bangle!

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Thought he'd already moved on?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If Mr Bangle moved on, I think you'd have seen decades of BMW fans dancing in the streets.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

--------------040907090301070705080401 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

If there were no "Chris Bangles" in this world, you would still be driving this early BMW:

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:

If Mr Bangle moved on, I think you'd have seen decades of BMW fans dancing in the streets.

Chris

"Dave Plowman (News)" < snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk... In article <418a3$43f7ea5f$97d5b5ea$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET>, Chris D'Agnolo < snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net> wrote: Which is exactly opposite of what they meant. That's pretty stupid but still......... we need to stop Chris Bangle! Thought he'd already moved on?

Reply to
Niels Petersen

Nah, they won't be happy until they've got the man's head on a pike in front of the BMWNA headquarters, it appears. Bangle was promoted from Head of Design middle of last year. I think Adrian van Hooydonk is currently responsible for design - he was former head of the BMW Design Studio, like Bangle. I'm not as outrages myself. I'm okay on the new E90 3 (though the E46 looks better to me, almost as good as the E36) and love the Z4 and new Z4 coupe (though that's more van Hooydonk and Anders Warming). I'm less fond of the 7-series, and the 5-series is just plain criminal. epbrown

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to

Why on earth would BMW care about a stupid petition? So what if a bunch of aging boomers don't like the way they look? They are selling more cars than ever. Isn't that what a company cares about? They quit caring about what the customer thinks a long time ago, particularly the enthusiast. The cars keep getting bloated, and bigger, with more crap that they think we need. Just try to find a stripper 330. Try to get one with cloth seats. The new E90 is the same size as an old 7, the 5 is huge. It's no wonder that they needed a

500Hp engine to haul all that lard around.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the money I'd buy one on a heartbeat. I like the new designs, with the exception of the new E90 grill. It's just wrong. OBTW I'm almost 50.

Reply to
Richard Sperry

Well, you're right that they car about primary sales. The new buyers seem to like the car, while the people that buy used seem to have the most complaints about change. Rightly enough, the company cares more about current customers, and if people weren't buying the cars they'd quickly have made changes. I think the minimal tweaking of the current 7-series was more a reaction to the automotive press than customers. Porsche experienced similar when the 996 came out. Porsche enthusiasts lamented the change to water-cooling, while new buyers bought the things in droves. epbrown

--

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

You are all hereby sworn to secrecy as I let you in on the evil plot of BMW planners to increase their market share beyond all expectations.

Have you not noticed other cars now sprouting Bangle Butt decklids? Stupid unimaginative Japanese-looking front ends? Surface development purely because they *can*? All the other car companies pretending to be BMW are flocking behind Bangle designs like the zombified consumers he 'expects' us to be. Well, folks, I'm here to tell you it's all a ruse. A cruel mean trick, to be sure, but necessary. BMW isn't that stupid! They know their designs suck out loud and that we all hate them. But just wait until Chevies come with GM's version of IDrive ... When the Hemi goes electronic throttle and the 300 looks like a 545i ... Just wait!

BMW is watching carefully and, when all the others are lulled into a sense of security ("All of *our cars* look like Chris Bangle designed them!"), BAM! The new product lineup:

The New 2 will be based on freshened-up 2002 body dies to replace both the 1 Series (four cylinders) and the 3 Series (six cylinders). There will be a proper Touring wagon instead of the old 3-door hatch, with optional AWD (replacing the only slightly-repugnant X3) using the

1800/2000's four doors and a wagon rear.

The 'Dame Edna' 5er will be replaced with the E28! Obviously, the E28 Touring body will be offered in both RWD and AWD (replacing the X5). Drivetrain engineering shortfalls will be made up out of the savings from no-longer-employed designers like Chris hisownself. Wait until you see what the V-10 can do in a 3400-lb New Millenium M5 ...

The 7 Series will be based on the current Rolls because those customers have no taste anyway ...

The Z4 underpinnings will fit nicely under a resurrected 507 body - and get a bigger trunk, to boot (pun intended)!

With these in the showrooms, Bangle-butted car sales grind to a halt, putting thousands of Japanese and American dealerships out of business. Thanks, Chris!

-- C.R. Krieger Visionary ...

Reply to
E28 Guy©

the 5 is huge. It's no wonder that they needed a

Having owned several BMWs over the years and now enjoying an '06 750 il and an '06 M5, I can report that, styling preferences aside, these are the best that we've owned, both designed for different purposes.

Until you try driving that "lard" in the P-500, S6 Sports Mode and wind that V10 up to 7500 RPM under full throttle, you haven't experienced how well the new M5 performs. With a 50/50 weight distribution, it certainly does not feel "lardish". As many of the car mag reviews have stated, the new M5 is truly two cars in one. In the P-400 mode with the suspension set to comfort, it feels like a smaller version of the 750 il with a bit stiffer ride. P-500 Sport Mode (S6) transforms the car into a beast with performance that is truly exhilarating. BMW did a good job with this one.

RCE

Reply to
RCE