Stopping E30 rattles

Having taken advice from some of the posters here, I had my E30 318is resprayed in 2 pac. It looks 'as new', and I'm very pleased with the paintwork. However, there is now a rattle that is driving me sparse.

Behind the drivers side back window is a curved piece of metal that tapers from around 5cm wide at the bottom to a point at the top. It looks like an extension to the outside of the roof gutter. The spray painter told me that there were some clips on it that plugged into some oval shaped holes in the body, and that they wore a bit when removed and replaced. I've noticed that if the bottom of the fitting moves out from the body then the rattle is bad. If I push it back towards the body, the rattle stops. For a while. I took it back to the spray painter who fixed it, but after a couple of days it started rattling again.

I'd like some advice before I talk to the spray painter again. Do I need a new fitting? Can I fill it with silicon to help stop it moving away from the body? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
James

I am not really sure what you are speaking about but I would try some silicone to fill any gap to stop the rattling and may even stick the piece in place. hope that helps

Reply to
jamcashebay00