Strange Clutch Master Cylinder - 1987 E28 520i RH drive

I have to change my Clutch MC, and according to both Haynes and my local part provider, the one that is in the car is all wrong. It has a 2 hole mounting flange set at right angles to the axis of the cylinder and bolts to
the face of the bulkhead. Whereas Haynes indicates that it should have a flange face parallel to the axis of the cylinder and bolt to a plate next to the clutch pedal. Did they change the design in the last year of E28?? What is going on?
Steve
Steve W wrote:

More likely Haynes is wrong. Check in the ETK for the part on your car.
Unfortunately the online version does not go back to E28s...
--
-Fred W
Toys for sale, Hey get your toys here:

bolts to

next to

What
Thanks, but it seems that Haynes is right on this occasion. Or at least it is the same as the BMW dealer's information. Very puzzling. Steve