Stuck Steering

When one makes a hard right turn while moving 10 to 20 MPH, the steering "sticks or hangs up" like the belts are slipping.I does not stick while
sitting still,while turning the wheel. It makes no squeeling belt noise. The faster or harder you try to turn it ,the more it hangs up. If you go slower and turn with less pressure it does not hang up. What could it be?

Blocked filter in the base of the atf reservoir? Early BMWs have an interchangeable filter, later ones don't. A fluid change may help.

Have a look for something fallen into the steering geometry.
Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush Here we go round the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush, the mulberry bush
Atishoo etc. All Fall Down (though that's difficult if you are on 4 wheels) he added unhelpfully.
It's obviously The Nursery Rhyme Coise.
DAS
"Paul Rood" < snipped-for-privacy@virginia.edu> wrote in message
news:e7odst$hag$ snipped-for-privacy@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU...