Sudden drop of RPM while idling

My 2000 328 has suddenly started having a "burp" in the idle. Not too long after starting the car, when it is at idle, it will suddenly drop RPM's and
almost kill the motor, then go right back to normal idle speed. It only does this maybe once every minute or so. Once I take off driving, I notice no problems. Any idea what this might be?
Run a bottle of "techron" fuel injector cleaner(black bottle) on about 1/2 tank of gas and drive it. This should fix your problem. :)Nel

Only if the problem is your wallet being too heavy.
--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

I had this problem on my 5.0 mustang. Turned out the mass airflow sensor was bad...

I would see if any codes were set.
There is also a cam position sensor on your engine, when your car idles if that sensor is bad or going bad it can also cause that as well. I believe that is one of the more common problems on a BMW, that is, that sensor going bad and needing replaced.