Summer Tire for 1989 535i

Need recommendations for the best summer tire (not all season) for a

1989 535i? Please advise. Size 225/60/15. Summer tire only.

Blair...

Reply to
angusbn

wrote

As I mentioned in an earlier posting today, Michelin makes two tires: the Exalto and MXV4 in that size. Are you aware that the only requirement that "all-season" tires have to make (as opposed to non-all-season) to be branded as such is that 25% of the tread surface must be open? Many "M+S" branding of tires is simply marketing "because we can", rather than any reason based upon testing or performance.

Tirerack.com shows only BFGoodrich g-Force Sport and Kumho Ecsta KH11 in that size. If you add "all season", you get 19 additional tires to select from, most of which IMO are better than those. Those tire brands also did not fare well in Car & Driver's latest test.

The snowflake "snow tire" is different...

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers