Supply and fit front panel/nose cone on a 1994 E36 320i Coupe?

You banglers dont have these, but my nose cone is rusted to f**k. I put off looking at it until the weather got better and by then - it was too late.

(I actually think it started from behind and worked its way through anyway.)

Anyway,

I've got a quote: Supply original BMW front panel = £64 (they are getting it from some place in Sidcup) Fitting & painting = £36.

Sounds reasonable??? (Eurocarparts have it for £69 delivered, so not bad on that score)

He said it was 30-40 bolts altogether.

Lordy

Reply to
Lordy

Sounds more than reasonable for fitting and painting. Is the paint solid colour or metallic? Hope he's not just using aerosols. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's black,

I often see them respraying cars there with all the proper painty stuff. No Halford's carrier bags in site!

Lordy

Reply to
Lordy

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

It was more than reasonable. So much so, that when I gave him the £100 cash, he looked at me and asked "Where's the rest of it?"

Turns out when he said £64 for parts and £100 "all together" - "all together" meant fitting and spraying.

Still sounds OK though. But I have to go back for him to finish spraying because he said the weather was too hot yesterday.

Lordy

Reply to
Lordy