switch off alarm for good BMW e34

Hi

Anyone a suggestion on how to switch off the alarm in my 1990 BMW 525 for good? Now and then the alarm is on for no apparent reason (very annoying and especially in the middle of the night!). I do see the led on my dashboard flicker when I close the car. After 10 sec it stops flickering and stays on. This indicates something is not locked. But everything is fine. I think some sensor is broke. I don't believe thieves are lining up for my BMW, so I thought, why not switch of this alarm for good. I figured out (I think) that it's not just a fuse you can change. Any suggestions?

Walter

Reply to
Walter

Your car didn't have an alarm from the factory, and from the description, it has an aftermarket alarm now.

Take the car to your local independent BMW shop and ask them to remove it.

Brett Anderson KMS

Reply to
KMS - Brett Anderson