Synthetic Oil

Page 3 of 3

at best.
I get the oil in my 325 every 7500 miles. Since my car sees mostly local driving, I believe that it pays to be cautious. And, the suggestion is every 15000 miles for my car.
Yes, oil changes are more expensive than they were once upon a time. Synthetic oil is not cheap, nor are filters, nor are workers.
Jim
A guy I used to work with ran a really old 80's 318 (not even a 318i If I remember)
He used to change the oil twice a year and up until a couple of years ago when i left work his car I admit sounded just like a sowing machine - really smooth better than my (then) nearly new 325 convertible