Telephone light won't shut off

I have a 2005 BMW X-5. I did not buy the phone or BMW Assist package. The red light by the phone button to the right of the radio display is on and I
cannot turn it off. Any ideas? This is not a bluetooth system.
Thanks.
Mac Knight
Try and take out the fuse in the fuse box and replace it, that might cure it.

A blown fuse can correct a light that is ON? Since when?

Maybe it's a "control, alt, delete" kind of thing. Remove the power and it resets.
Eisboch
Mac Knight wrote:

Mine will light up when I'm in an area with weak cell phone coverage. It usually turns off in a few minutes.
Dan