Thanks to this NG

In particular John Burns if I recall correctly
Las February I picked up my e34 Tourer, and was disappointed with the air flow from the heater.
John (and others ISTR) at the time mentioned probably the microfilter
was clogged.
I spent an hot sunny after noon looking for it but failed miserably, and got very irritable due to the heat.
Tools were put away and the issue forgotten about during the summer.
Now the autumn/winter is upon us it's been misting up badly so I decided today, being cooler, I would make a more determined attempt to do the job.
With help from
I have done the job.
What both sites fail to advise is it's well hidden and getting a mirror to see what you're doing helped enormously.
I'll post images of the foul black thing I found in the filter bay later!
What's annoying is this car has a full BMW dealer service history yet the date stamped on the plastic surround of the filter is 1998 (the car is 1996) so it's had at least one change in all those years and miles (150,000) but to be honest I'd have expected more!
I now have jet stream force venting :D
Steve Parry
K100RS SE & F650