The Strangest Noise!

I got in the car this morning, it was FREEZING cold could hardly open the doors as they were all frozen up... Anyway And as I drove off, I heard, what
could only be described as a sound like you've driven over a few stones.. It was only a quiet noise, and seems to be coming from the back. After driving for about five minutes or so the noise disappeared completely and now it's back to normal.. It only does it when the car is moving.. and not when stationary..
The sound was almost like a watery sound too, was something simply defrosting, the car had been stood for 2 days in the cold? Really weird.. not grinding.. or knocking.. nothing like that..
Am I being totally paranoid?!?
Any ideas?
Craig
C.Read wrote:

does this happen even if you don't have to chip your doors open?
Where's the cat?