This may very well be the dumbest question ever posted but here goes...

I have an older BMW (1989 25is). My power steering is low. I have no idea where to put new fluid under the hood. I see coolant, oil, transmission
fluid but where's the power steering? I don't want to put it in the wrong place and all hell breaks loose. I don't have a manual as I bought the car used.
Can anybody direct me to an under-the-hood diagram and let me know where the power steering fluid goes?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!
http://www.bmwe34.net /
then join here, the best site for an '89 http://www.bimmer.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?f
Leslie wrote:

assume that you have a *3*25is since I know that the 525 came as a coupe (the "s"), so...
This is what the the PS reservoir looks like on your car:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model 13&mospidG309&btnr2_0201&hg2&fg
It should have a bunch of hoses hooked up between it and the PS pump. That looks like this:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model 13&mospidG309&btnr2_0186&hg2&fg
The lid for the reservoir should indicate what type of fluid you need for your system.
--
-Fred W

be sure you put the proper fluid, READ the reservoir lid carefully.... 11s or 7s are the options I believe!
Yes, I do have a 325is. Thanks to all. And the power steering fluid I have is leftover from the mechanic who put it in the last time so it has to be the right kind.
Thanks again. Much appreciated!
Fred W wrote:

Leslie wrote:

Now that's what I call a rash assumption :-)
--
Regards

Steve G
I agree, CHECK FIRST!!!
And the power steering fluid I have

Oh dear. ;-)
--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

What I want to know is how does he know that the fluid is low if he doesn't know where the reservoir is?