Thump in corners

Hello All,
I have a 1991 535i (German Spec) E34 with an M20 engine. I have a weird THUMP, THUMP, THUMP coming from the rear when I corner left or right. This thumping occurs only when I gointo a corner WITHOUT giving
it gas. As soon as the gas is applied it goes away.
I'm leaning toward a Diff support or Subframe bushing.
Any thoughts?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Could simply be the exhaust hitting the bodywork.

Sounds like the rear shock mounts are broken.
Kyle. 98 740iL 01 525i