Tips for Black Aluminium Cube trim refurbishment

Hi

Has anyone got any tips on the refurbishment of Black Aluminium Cube trim refurbishment.

Mine is scratched a bit and looks untidy.

Was thinking of painting it, but think that the effect will be lost.

Was also thinking of anodising.

Does anyone know how they are coloured? It looks like paint to me, although very thin stuff.

TIA

Nick

Reply to
Pashlipops

Don't really know what "Black Aluminium Cube trim" is, but from your description of the finish, it certainly sounds like it's been anodised. Anodising has no surface thickness as such. As the colouring is *in* the aluminium, rather than *on* the surface of it. More like a stain than a coating. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I'd have alook on eBay for replacements, its probably cheaper and than trying to refurb.

Reply to
TonyK