To those who took offense at American cars being referred to as CRAP...

Yes, we call them TROLLS. There are a lot of other cars made in Europe that were not included in this test and to say "Look at American Crap" is pure ignorance. Cars need to be tested in price ranges as well.

On another point...The insurance industry has no business crash testing cars as they only tell you what they want you to hear. Example- Peugeot 505 was rated the worst car ever tested (that was before the F-150). It really motivated me to sell my Peugeot's until I went over all of the crash data. Even though the door frame bent I found that bodily injury was far less than the car with the highest rating. How can this be? Then it hit me; the insurance industry was focused on cars that were re-buildable as being top performers, and those that were not rebuildable got poor marks even though the bodily injury was low.

I am not saying to distrust what they do in the testing, I just think that all of the data needs to be addressed instead of selective information.

MO, DieInterim

Reply to
Blake Dodson

I trust the insurance industry completely. After all, wouldn't you stay in business year after year if you lost BILLIONS every year. I also trust the US government and that asshole that somehow got re-elected to a position he was never elected to in the first place. Now, before I get jumped on, I am an American citizen that currently resides in the United States of the Offended. I deal with all the bullshit here and am just waiting for the next opportunity to go to the polls and say it's NOT okay.

Anyhow, you are right, the insurance companies will tell you what they want you to hear. If it affects thier business in any way they will try to steer your decisions. They have thier dirty little fingers deep in the government (probably all over the world) and have way too much power to control decisions. Between them and the energy industry, I'm not sure who's worse...

Reply to
Psycho

You sport quite the appropriate handle, binkers.

Reply to
user

I actually gained this handle during my 5 years of military service. Something to do with enjoying being jerked out of the back of a C-130 by one's own parachute at 500ft.

Unfortunately, I see that you added to the bottom of your message. This tells me you either missed the sarcasm in my post, simply didn't understand it, DON'T live in the US or do live in the US and are just pissed off. Either way, I feel for you, really...

Reply to
Psycho

As you should for all the retarded Neocons. 8)

Reply to
dizzy

Ah, yes. All "neocons" vote for Clinton, Gore, and Kerry.

You're a funny guy.

Reply to
user

Honestly, I do not trust my government and niether should anyone else. Those who have power will do thier best to maintain control of that power. The government here in the US is controlled largely by the money flow from special interest groups but it all feeds back to those who hold the power.

I just watched the news tonight where the president is saying he knew nothing of the deal that will turn over security or our largest ports to a firm from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Last night, he stated that his decision to go forward with that deal was based on research and background checks that all met his approval. This idiot can't make up his mind. Fortunately, the legislature is against him on this one. We'll see how the money changing hands affects thier standing on the issue..

Am I the only one around that feels this way? Doesn't have to be US people, is the rest of the world the same way???

Reply to
Psycho