To those who took offense at American cars being referred to as CRAP...

Page 2 of 2

You sport quite the appropriate handle, binkers.
<plonk>
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:23:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@user.net wrote:

I actually gained this handle during my 5 years of military service. Something to do with enjoying being jerked out of the back of a C-130 by one's own parachute at 500ft.
Unfortunately, I see that you added <plonk> to the bottom of your message. This tells me you either missed the sarcasm in my post, simply didn't understand it, DON'T live in the US or do live in the US and are just pissed off. Either way, I feel for you, really...
Psycho wrote:

As you should for all the retarded Neocons. 8)

Ah, yes. All "neocons" vote for Clinton, Gore, and Kerry.
You're a funny guy.

Honestly, I do not trust my government and niether should anyone else. Those who have power will do thier best to maintain control of that power. The government here in the US is controlled largely by the money flow from special interest groups but it all feeds back to those who hold the power.
I just watched the news tonight where the president is saying he knew nothing of the deal that will turn over security or our largest ports to a firm from the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Last night, he stated that his decision to go forward with that deal was based on research and background checks that all met his approval. This idiot can't make up his mind. Fortunately, the legislature is against him on this one. We'll see how the money changing hands affects thier standing on the issue..
Am I the only one around that feels this way? Doesn't have to be US people, is the rest of the world the same way???
That 7 series cost as much as the two Pontiacs together. I doubt that the Firebird was bigger than your 7-series. The 7's are not small cars and never were.

What are you talking about? The videos on their own mean nothing. What is important is the loads registered by the sensors on the crash dummy and the videos say nothing about those readings.
I looked through many of the videos you linked to and the most disturbing one was the Mini. in that one if the windows had been rolled up the dummy's head would have gone right through the side glass. Ouch!.
The Merc's structural rigidity was impressive, true enough. They obviously build their cars and trucks very strong. It appears that the U.S. car builders allow their crumple zones to extend into the roof area which the European's do not. (Exception, the VW Passat.)