Touch up/Clear coat(clearcoat stick) problem

I messed up with some touch up paint and the clear coat layer is very thick and muddy. How can i remove the clear coat? Also, i put some jet black bmw touch up on, its applied well, should i put clear coat over it? i put it on about 2 days ago. What exactly does clearcoat do? Thanks in advance, this is a nice group.

Reply to
smb7420

No one has any suggest as to how i can strip the clearcoat from the touchup kit away? Should I use that sandpaper and buffer method? Never used it before, but i do have a waxer machine, it looks like it could do the job if I should be doing it

Reply to
smb7420

I haven't actually tried this but I've been told by a guy that has that if you soak 3M 1000 grit sandpaper in water for 3 days then sand it by hand you can remove only the clearcoat.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Reply to
smb7420

I've never seen int documented anywhere.

Reply to
Richard Sexton