trailer hitch wiring

I have 1996 750il, does anyone have any info on wiring connections or can direct me to a source for info... Thanks

in article YOQvl.18485$PH1.14804@edtnps82, Rik Hucul at snipped-for-privacy@telus.net wrote on 3/17/09 10:09 AM:

There is no instruction manual with your hitch kit :?
Some people get a light socket extension, plug it into the light socket and the wires are right there to plug into the hitch kit ... stringing them out the boot. No need to strip wires or cut into them that way. When done towing, then just take out the socket extension and replace the factory system as before.
There is also a wiring schematic in the BMW shop manual for your vehicle.
sumbuddie hopes this helps
:?
Alan B. Mac Farlane wrote:

I'm not sure about a '96 but wiring it like that with newer BMWs will throw off the computer in the car and the lights won't work.
-dk