Transmission HELP

Hi, I have a 94 740i i had parked the car and gone for a cup of coffee. when i returned, the car would start but would not move. doesnot move on D,4,3,2,R.
is there a problem with the Xmission?
Could be a problem with the selector, but I'm guessing it's fixed by now?
Steve

This is a common problem with the zf transmission. There are several check balls in the valvebody that blow through the separator plate and cause the transmission to malfunction. Mine did it at about 100k miles. Fourtunaltely the parts were only a $100 to fix it and it is not too difficult job. Save the old tranny fluid as the new stuff is hard to come by. My local BMW dealer would only sell it to me in a 55 gallon drum.
Do a web search and you will find it ccommonly discussed on the BMW boards. There are seveal nice pdfs available with good pictures showing the step by step process.