transmission oil change on 98 e39

Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendation on changing the transmission oil on my 98 e39 ? my car has 60k and I would like to change it with some red line
synth....:) I hear it would shift better and it would extend the transmissions lifespan...
Thank you.
Low miles (klicks?) for a 98. Is it an auto or manual?
R / John

auto...sorry...