Transmission problems - I hope someone can help

I've been having some trouble driving my 1995 BMW 525i. The transmission light continues to pop on but I'm not sure where to check to find out how much transmission fluid is in the car. Is it under the hood? Or under the back seats?

Also, if it turns out that my tranmission is messed up. How much would it cost to buy a used or new one? Or, would it be a better investment to just sell the car and get a Hybrid?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks, AJ

Reply to
lenox.magee

Bring that piece of shit to my house and dump it off, I'll take it to the junk yard for you. Don't forget the title ...

You need to visit a transmission shop. The fluid is intended to be "life time", but everybody knows that there is no such thing. The transmission guy -- a better option would be a BMW Independent Service Center -- will know how to flush the system and get all of the old crap out, and pump fresh fluid back in.

I have no idea what it would cost, but I'm sure it costs less than a new car.

I really like the 5 Series cars from that body style, I'll give you $2500 cash for the car and do the transmission service ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland