trip odometer fix

My trip odometer reset stick on my '92 E34 doesn't work. You can press it all day and it does nothing. How big of a pain is it to get into there and fix/replace? Note: the other stick on the dash besides the trip odometer (can't even remember what that one's supposed to do) doesn't work either.
thanks,
-- CARL HOLLOMON
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:06:35 -0500, Carl Hollomon wrote:

Common BMW problem. The odometer gears are made of a plastic that does not tolerate heat and age well. The teeth break off, typically when you push the reset button while moving.
I bought a set for my '89 E24 from: http://www.odometergears.com /
They can probably help you too, if you are inclined to do the work yourself.
Good Luck, Ray