Trunk liner replacement after E30 rear shock R&R

I pulled away the carpet-ish trunk liner with reckless abandon in order to get to the upper rear shock mounts. Now I have to get the stuff back in place. The back vertical edge sits behind the rear seat backer,
which is attached by a nickel-sized black plastic "rivet". How do I detach that thing so I can get the trunk liner behind it? Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Scott
tbrown wrote:

I think they are supposed to be unscrewed like a regular screw.
--
snipped-for-privacy@dod.no