tuneup on 1987 bmw 325i

I want to do my own tune-up on my 1987 bmw325ic.. aside from changing the spark plugs what else do i need to do or to watch for...new to this sorry to be asking stupid questions....

Valve clearances, fuel filter, air filter, fuel mixture...

These engines don't like a worn rotor arm / distributor cap, it'll cause a loss of high end power and bad mpg. Yet there's a good chance yours are original! Time for a new set.
A can of injector cleaner in the fuel is a good idea too.