Turn Indicator

My left turn indicator (1996 M3 Evo, UK) occasionally would click at a faster speed. Is this some sort of a warning for an incipient bulb failure or something like that? Thanks for your help.
Vijay
Yes.
When it flases fast, look to see which light is flashing, and pull the other one and replace it (where "the other one" is at the other end of the car).

Or, in the case of most cars sold in europe, it could be the one on the side of the car.

Does a failed repeater alter the speed in the same way as a main bulb? I've not had it happen on this car so don't know. On an older one the loading is too small to make much if any difference.
--
*If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Dave, is a "repeater" the unit which alternately interrupts the current to the turn signal bulbs? Over here (U.S.), we call it a "flasher". Somehow, repeater seems a bit more elegant!
Tom

No - the small lamp mounted on the side of the front wing (fender) to allow those on the side to see the indicators (turn signals) ;-)
In the UK, the device that does the flashing is usually called a flasher unit.
HTH. ;-)
--
*I'm pretty sure that sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

Yes, and it wears a not-recently-laundered mac.
DAS
"Dave Plowman (News)" < snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

My 1998 e36 323i Coupe also does that sometime. It started at normal speed and then flash a bit faster after a minute or so. It doesn't do that every time. I checked all the light bulbs and none blown. I just live with it now.

connections and does this at least once a week. I had a similar problem with my E30 320i after my wife hit a Guinea Fowl with it at 100km/h. Opened the front indicator lens, fiddled with the bulb which was still ok and put it back, problem gone...