Tyre change

Page 2 of 2
"pltrgyst" wrote

Very true. In addition, the less performance-oriented the tires, the more comfy the ride. But of course the chances of finding grand touring tires in his size (255/35R18 or 245/40R18) are rather slim.
Cheers, Pete

FWIW the M3 has 255/40 rear and 225/45 front and the ride is still terrible. The biggest improvement would be aftermarket shocks and springs and/or more "comfort" tyres than sports especially if you currently have run flats.
As for the satnav, the Mk1 system (from the mid '90s) has a wheel rotation input and you have to calibrate it every time you change tyres (so the manual says) but the later systems do not have this. I'd guess though that it still uses your speed in some way to estimate where you are if e.g. you're in a tunnel so there might be something in it. I doubt it'll make any difference though.