Tyre Insurance (UK)?

I've noticed a few companies offering tyre insurance in the UK, which covers damage (accidential and malicious)... not having much luck with my tyres and the fact that they are not cheap I wondered if anybody has this type of insurance?

Prices are £125 for a 2 year policy but the small print says you can only have max £250 per claim, but nothing about how many claims a year you can have...?

Thanks

Reply to
Daz

P.S. I'm running 19" wheels on a 2004 M3, £250 per claim would just about cover 1 tyre!

Reply to
Daz

LOL - sorry Daz!! Topic just made me chuckle.

I've seen these policies mentioned elsewhere and the general feeling seemed to be that they were a waste of time when it came to paying out. They appear to wriggle out of everything bar a blow out on a new tyre.

I've no first hand experience, just going on what I've heared mentioned elsewhere, primarily from the US where I think this kind of insurance is more common.

Reply to
TonyK

It is not uncommon in the US. It's usually sold by the tire/tyre dealer for an extra $20 or so per tire. Sometimes they'll have a 'special' where they throw it in free. They always pro rate the cost of a replacement against the amount of tread left on the tire. £125 for 2 years sounds pretty steep to me. You'd pretty much have to have a claim every 2 or 3 years to make it worthwhile - more often than that, if they're only going to pay half the cost for a half-worn tire.

Reply to
Dean Dark

Why not just put aside £125 every two years? Then you've got your own tyre insurance.

Reply to
Jo Ling

The only place I could find that did tyre insurance came back to me and said that they wouldn't cover an M3. I thought WTF but that's typicial UK-ness for you.

Reply to
adder1969