UK 320: Aircon blows cold all the time

I believe the aircon on my UK 3 series is not working properl but I want to check before going to the dealer:
What happens is that cold air is permanently blown out of the top vents and
you cannot change this operation except to stop the blower. But the bottom vents seem to blowing temperature as requested by the controls
Has anyone heard of this before and how to fix it?
thanks
Robin Smith wrote:

want to

vents and

bottom
Adjust the vents from blue to red?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

My '96 328i does the same thing - and changing the vents from blue to red doesn't seem to make a difference. Almost seems that the top vent is only blowing outside air.
-Karl http://www.karlwinkler.com