UK-Buying a M3 Convertible

Has anyone heard of this :-
Go into a BMW dealer, ask them to register a car to your specification and for them to run it as a demonstrator. After 2000 miles or 3 months they sell
it to you at a massive discount , I'm talking about 10,000 of list price.
Mike

No but I wouldn't have thought it was unfeasable although it seems abit odd or we'd all do it.
Anyway, why buy a new M3 cab when the new one will be out next year (if not before!)
TonyK wrote:

I can't imagine why a dealer would do it - it is VERY uncommon in the US to be allowed to test drive a new M3 unless you do it on BMW-NA's dime during one of their driving events.
It sounds nice - but bet he can't find a dealer to do it. You might be better off asking a dealer to find you an "executive" car - one driven by BMW staff. In the US - some of the BMW-NA people are required to drive a BMW, and get a new one every 6 months. I couldn't stand the perpetual breaking in process myself.

Current date is more like 2008 for a cabriolet. The standard E90 coupe hasn't even made it out the door yet - much less a M3 cab.
admin wrote:

Yeah, that would be really rough. Having to break in the cars so you can get new ones every 6 months... For free (or at least included in your compensation package).
Sign me up!!!
--
-Fred W

Actually I agree with admin -- it's refreshing that someone else admits to this.
If it was part of my job spec that's different, but my own car? No thanks.
DAS
"Fred W" <Malt_Hound@*spam-me-not*yahoo.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

And even though my reply was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, I too was being dead serious.
I don't find it stressfull in the least to drive a car during "break-in". It just means driving sedately for a few thousand miles. Being a COF (crusty old fart), I actually drive fairly sedately most of the time anyway, so no big deal. Just have to surpress the occasional urges when they arise. In compensation for getting to drive a brand new BMW every 6 months... I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
--
-Fred W

It is not just a case of sedate driving. One should keep going through the gears and changing engine speed. All day 60 mph doesn't do the new engine any good.
I did realise that your reply was humorous but that still didn't stop me agreeing with admin :-)
I may also be on the way to being a COF (and do less that 5000 miles p.a at present) but I still would not like to change cars every six months. I frequently hire cars and, of course, they are often technically within the running-in period (which many car manufacturers claim has actually been eliminated) but I don't care...
Every two years, now that's a different proposition... Got any of those?
DAS
"Fred W" <Malt_Hound@*spam-me-not*yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:FvOdnYRQj_Z8b4bZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

    Depends on how they feel about the new one. I bought an E46 right after I saw the impending E90 ;) -- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus 2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black

ASK them to use your car as a demo? No. I've heard of people buying demos -- mine was a demo unit -- but I've never heard of requesting a spec car then asking them to use it as a demo. I can't imagine why they would agree to do that for you.