UK Independant BMW mechanic in W sussex?

Anyone know of any within a reasonable distance of Horsham, W Sussex? The only one I know of is James Paul in Rudgewick. It would be nice to know if there is are any other places I can get work
done on a BMW, other than James Paul or Vines, the main dealer in Crawley. TIA. Mike.
You want to check www.bimrs.org first to see if any listed are close to you.

They only list 3 in the UK, and only 2 of those are on the mainland, neither of which is anywhere near to me. The 3rd one is in St Helier on Jersey in the UK Channel Islands. However, your reply is appreciated. It was certainly worth a shot. Mike.
says...

Well a bit nearer but still not W Sussex is Keylink Systems nr Micheldever in Hants - I mean lots closer but still a fair way!
Been using them for 4 years and recommend.
--

jeremy
['01 BMW 530iA SE Touring]

Worth me making a note of though. Thanks. Micheldever is where I bought my 17" ContiSportContact tyres. Mike.
G says...

It's near there - think it is actually called Woodmancott
http://www.keylinksystems.co.uk /
--

jeremy
['01 BMW 530iA SE Touring]

Do you have contact details for them? I am up in Fleet so am very interested.
--

jeremy
['01 BMW 530iA SE Touring]

Hi, Yes - Kings Motor Services The Never Despair Alton Road South Warnborough Hampshire Tel: 01256 862221
Just on the right as you leave the village going southwards from Odiham
Do have a good look at John Burns website - its where I found them . There's heaps of information on it some of which is bound to have some interest to you
Nick

Dunno if I told you about:-
AMC 668-678 Garratt Lane London SW17 0NP 020 8944 9966
One bus takes you to the Brighton line if you've got to leave the car, but they'll do pre-booked servicing etc while you wait.
--
*Aim Low, Reach Your Goals, Avoid Disappointment *

I don't recall you mentioning them. Using them would depend upon their prices. ATM I'm thinking of possible work on the VANOS on the E34. I don't know for certain but I think it's what makes a helluva rattle when the engine is started after standing a day or two. Within less than a minute it subsides to a ticking which doesn't sound like a tappet to me. Can't be heard in the car, and apart from the ticking the engine runs fine. No loss of power, so I would assume the VANOS is still working OK.
Before I take it any further though, I'm going to try giving it a flush with an oil change and new filter.I'm not a great believer in flushing, but this might be one of those occasions where it could be beneficial. Maybe the VANOS is getting slightly starved of oil. If it is, a flush might cure the problem. Fingers crossed. :-) Mike.

Very good compared to the local main dealer who charges 120 quid an hour. ;-) They're honest, too, and don't do any additional work without clearing it first - or invent that work. But I'd guess due to London costs more expensive than a similar place elsewhere.
--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

Mike G wrote:

2.5? Mine started to tick a bit but then went away. At the time I was using Mobil 1. I just don't think it's worth it to get all the components changed unless you've got money to burn.
If it's a 2.0 then the chain rattle is also quite common.