Unibody Rail under door pillar is bent, how hard to repair ? 330xi

I am looking at a used 330xi that has damage under the right side below the pillar between the two doors. It looks like it went over a curb or something and partially crushed the outside, bottom edge of the unibody for a distance of about 2 feet centered around the pillar. The doors are absolutely perfectly fitting and siting the car above this area looks absolutely straight. I would imagine this damage if the car had gone off the road and slid along a curb pushing up in that area.

I know this is hard to describe, but has anyone experience or knowledge of how difficult this is to repair or serious ? Thanks JC

Reply to
Jim Collins

Studeman

To know for sure you need to get it on a frame machine and have it measured, then they can tell you if any of the boxes are out and how much pulling it is going to take.

Setup time for that is non-trivial.

A very experienced body man may be able to measure the boxes on the ground with a set of portable pointers, which would be a lot cheaper, ask around.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody